Posted on : 20-04-2010 | By : Shadman Jamil | In : Ajax chat, Chating, Facebook, jquery, jquery chat, news
1. Facebook/Gmail/Claninn style bottom display of chat boxes.
2. Keeps chat boxes open and stores state (data) even when pages are browsed/refreshed similar to Facebook.
3. Displays “Sent at…” after 3 minutes of inactivity.
4. Displays “X says…” & blinks chat boxes when window is not in focus.
5. Minimize and close chat boxes.
6. Auto-scrolling of chat text.
7. Auto-back-off polling policy (hits the server less-often when chat activity is low)
8. Extremely simple to integrate into existing site.
9. New message updates will appear on multiple tabs at a time.
10. Can limit maximum chat windows at a time.
Please load the following links in different browsers otherwise it wont work:
(Note that due to users trying out the chat links below at the same time, it might work slightly erratically because the username is actually not supposed to be used by multiple users at the same time)
For better understanding, load 3 different browsers ( Internet Explorer / Firefox / Safari / Chrome ) and point them. User One, User Two and User Three
Click on “chat with Johny Mark” link and watch the chat functionality come alive!
2. Internet Explorer
For commercial purposes, please purchase a license.
Your purchase includes free updates for life! If you have any queries, please contact me.
Do let me know your suggestions on how we can improve this code or any other features you would like to add.